The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices is a unique ensemble, created in the early 1950's, consisting of 20 or so Bulgarian artists, under the direction of Dora Hristova. They sing about legends of unknown lands, the mysteries of life and travels throughout Bulgaria. Since being discovered by the European and American public in the eighties, The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices has touched many generations and has performed over 1500 concerts in some of most prestigious venues in the world. The choir has inspired many other artists and has collaborated with the likes of Kate Bush, U2 and more recently Lisa Gerrard, the singer from Dead Can Dance. Many of their songs have been remixed by people like Drake, DJ Tiesto, FKA Twigs, Bring Me The Horizon and many more.
Here's what I'm suggesting... a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend the concert by The Mysteries of the Bulgarian Voices in Sofia, Bulgaria's capital and birthplace of the choir, on Monday 13 December 2021. And, because I like to do things my way, I'm also planning a workshop of a few hours with a few of the singers, as well as a ``Meet & Greet`` after the concert where you'll be able to meet these amazing artists and have a chat with them.
I will, of course, also be offering yoga classes and visits to Sofia. If the weather permits, we can add in a hike in Pancharevo (15 minutes from Sofia).
The trip would take place from Sunday, December 12 till Wednesday 15.
There is obviously no obligation as far as flights go, but there is a Ryanair flight Charleroi/Sofia (current prices below):
Departure Sunday 12/12 (16.55 - 20.35) - Price: 22 euros
Return Wednesday 15/12 (10.25 - 12.15) - Prix: 10 euros
Note: there is also a Wizzair flight with departure on Tuesday late afternoon.
Price of the stay: 389 euros
The price includes:
• Accommodation (3 nights-double room) at Central Park Hotel (4*)
• 3 breakfasts
• Airport/hotel/airport collective transfers
• All the Yoga classes
• A workshop with artists of the Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices
The price does not include:
• Plane ticket
• The ticket for the concert (between 15 and 30 euros)
• Meals and drinks not included in the program
• Additional services
• Personal expenses and tips
• Travel insurance abroad
Single supplement: 96 euros
The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices
• Departure Charleroi at 16:45 - Arrival: Sofia at 20:20
• Transfer to the Hotel followed by an evening in Sofia
• yoga class
• Workshop with some artists of The Mystery of the Bulgarian Voices
• Concert and meet & greet with the artists
• Exploring Sofia (St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Saint Sofia Church, the National Theater, St George Rotunda from the IV century, the emblematic buildings and sites of the communist time,...)
• Yoga class
• Hiking if the weather permits
• Leaving Sofia around 10.30 and Return to Belgium around 12.45
For questions, please fill out the form. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
This post is also available in: Français